Sunday, October 17, 2010

Think outside of the vase!


To create this lovely, autumn centerpiece I mixed fresh items with artificial so it will last till Thanksgiving. Containers are a very important element of designing your arrangement. I look at everything as a possible vase for example it could be a basket, water pitcher, silver piece, old trophy, fruit or even use vegtables. The container has to be complimentary to the size, style and color of the flowers you choose. You can always bring one of your favorite containers to the florist to design something custom for you! For my clients I am always looking for the unexpected container that display the flowers in a delightful way. Just rememeber anything that holds water can be a container for an arrangement!

Share with me any creative containers you have used!

No comments:

Post a Comment