Monday, March 28, 2011

The Charm of the South!








Back from a wonderful week in South Carolina and Georgia! The weather was fantastic and the flowering trees and shrubs were at their peak! I was losing my mind on the wisteria growing wild everywhere along the highway, the dogwood trees and the multicolored azaelas. My girlfriend Carolee who took these pictures and I are working on a book about the area. It will be mostly a photography book with everything from the homes, garden designs, garden statuary and information about the interesting and rich history of this area. I suddenly want to get my hands on as much as I can about the Revolutionary War and the Civil War. In Charleston they have a very active Historical Foundation and the homes and antiques are preserved for all of us to enjoy. We traveled from Charleston to Beaufort then to Savannah and on to Hilton Head. Each spot although not far from each other had their own unique flair and flavor. I will keep you posted on the progress of the book and when you are planning your next trip consider seeing some of these areas and the treasures of American's heritage!

No comments:

Post a Comment