Monday, June 27, 2011

Canada Day and Independence Day!




I'm so very fortunate to be able to call two of the greatest countries in the world home. I was born and raised in Canada and came to the USA 12 years ago. Every since I can remember I have celebrated both countries holidays...many are the same and a few have different dates like Thanksgiving. But having many American relatives I have always celebrated both countries holidays. July 1st is Canada Day and July 4th is Independance Day...both countries celebrating their independance and self-governing. Canada and United States of America have a unique relationship with each other sharing in peace, unity, freedom and friendship. As we listen to the news we realize how special this relationship really is in this world. So this year I will be celebrating both once again!!
Fireworks(in this photo) are exploding on the Detroit River with Canada on one side and the USA on the other (cities being Windsor and Detroit). Every year millions of people come to see the fireworks set off on barges in the river to celebrate our friendship and Canada Day and July 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment